TikTok: How to write text posts – easy step-by-step guide | Tech News
Now, however, the platform is entering territory more widely covered by services like Twitter — or X, as it has more recently come to be known — by allowing users to post text messages and photos along with video content.
Users will be able to not only post text, but also customize those posts by adding sound, location, or their own reactions to what other people say on TikTok.
“These features make your text messages as dynamic and interactive as any video or photo,” TikTok said.
If you’re a regular TikTok user and want to try your hand at texting the site, how do you go about it?
Follow our step by step guide to learn more…
How to post text messages on TikTok
Adding your own text messages to TikTok is pretty easy, and here’s how to do it…
Open the app and access the camera, which will give you a choice of options: photo, video, or text.
Select the Text option and you will be redirected to the text creation page where you can type your text post.
Posts have a 1000 character limit, and you can also add extra features to them to improve what you’ve written.
How to improve text messages on TikTok
The compose page also offers you options to customize your text messages – for example, you can tag a location and include comments.
You can also add duets, which allow other users to post content alongside another author’s content on TikTok.
The page also offers a number of other options for making your text messages look amazing.
- stickers: You can select stickers related to your content and add them to the post.
- Tags and hashtags: As with a video or photo, you can tag other accounts or add related hashtags.
- Background colors: You can choose from a variety of background colors to enhance your text post.
- Adding sound: Sound is an important part of TikTok, and you can add it to your text messages to decorate your posts with music that your readers can listen to as they check your words.
- Draft and Reset: Save your drafts and store them with other unpublished posts for later editing or permanent deletion.
MORE: TikTok Red Hair Effect Explains Why You Get More Male Attention
Follow Metro news on our social networks, on Facebook, Twitter and instagram
Share your opinion in the comments below
Get the latest news, sweet stories, insights and more